Show Your Home
Prepping and staging a house is important. As a seller, you want your home to sell fast. Careful planning and knowing how to professionally change things in your home can have buyers interested. The following are a few marketing prep steps you can take before showing your home to perspective buyers:
- Ensure the exterior of the house is in good repair. P
- Paint faded window trim.
- The garage, utility shed, and/or carport is clean and organized.
- Inspect windows for any cracked or broken panes and seals.
- Trees, lawns, and flower beds should be trimmed down/weeded.
- All walk ways, paths should be shoveled and salted if needed.
- Pack up personal items such as photographs or family heirlooms.
- Ensure doors and any cabinets work properly.
- De-clutter your home and clean off everything on kitchen counters.
- Carpets should be vacuumed daily.
- The interior of all closets and cupboards are clean and organized.
- Minor repairs should be taken care of. This includes: replacing/fixing cracked flooring or tiling, patching holes, fixing leaky faucets, and paint touch ups.
- Polish all chrome faucets and mirrors.
- Valuable property, such as objects of art, vases and figurines should be out of reach, out of sight, or locked away.
- Pets should be absent, when possible, and litter boxes clean.